Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
How is the communication in between you and the client done?
Thread poster: Matthew Trulandzev
Helena Chavarria
Helena Chavarria  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:22
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I hate doing paperwork Sep 29, 2013

Whenever possible I send one invoice to each client at the end of the month (a total of 4, 5, 6 invoices...) instead of possibly over 20 invoices per month.

It saves me time and I find it easier to control when I'm paid.

Which reminds me, tomorrow is the 30th!

inkweaver
inkweaver  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:22
French to German
+ ...
Invoicing Sep 30, 2013

Regular clients get one invoice at the end of the month, new clients together with the translation if they don't have a seperate email address for invoices but not in a zip folder with the translations. As Sheila said before, that's one task I can cross off my to-do list.

I don't think this suggests that I'm desperate for money. After all, the agreed terms of payment remain the same, usually 30 days EOM or 30 days after date of invoice - plenty of time to handle queries etc.
... See more
Regular clients get one invoice at the end of the month, new clients together with the translation if they don't have a seperate email address for invoices but not in a zip folder with the translations. As Sheila said before, that's one task I can cross off my to-do list.

I don't think this suggests that I'm desperate for money. After all, the agreed terms of payment remain the same, usually 30 days EOM or 30 days after date of invoice - plenty of time to handle queries etc.

For me, this has worked very well in the past so I don't see any reason for changing my approach.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How is the communication in between you and the client done?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »