Ninon Dion
Ninon Dion  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:37
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
Aug 27, 2013

I'm still a newbie on ProZ, but I have been working for a while on other freelance portals. I have submitted a couple of proposals/quotes here, but I feel like I'm ill equipped when it comes to writing a good message. What do you feel is the best way to write a proposal here on ProZ?

I made a search but didn't find anything specifically addressing this topic.

Any help would be appreciated, and thank you in advance.

- Ninon

Maria Popova
Maria Popova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 16:37
Member (2011)
German to Bulgarian
Experience in the particular field Aug 27, 2013

Hi Ninon,

Welcome on board! Outsourcers here look for the best value for their money. It means that they are looking for the most experienced translator for their project. It is very important therefore to stress right from the beginning your own experience in the particular field besides other qualities like reliability and translation quality.

Cheers,

Maria

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:37
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
It has been discussed lately Aug 27, 2013

Here's one recent thread that may be useful, Ninon:

http://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/236098-how_best_to_phrase_the_application_letter.html

Let us know if there's anything specifically you're unsure about and that isn't addressed there.

Ninon Dion
Ninon Dion  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:37
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Maria & Sheila Aug 27, 2013

I guess I'll have to polish on my research skills here, because I never find what I need! I write the keywords, specifying which forum I think is best related.... but all I get back are a bunch of posts that do not apply to my questions.

Oh well.

Thank you to both of you ladies for your help. The link you provided Sheila is full of great information, thank you so much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Basics on writing a quote/proposal

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »