Marina Grishayeva
Marina Grishayeva  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:08
English to Russian
+ ...
Jun 6, 2013

Hello everyone.

My language pair is English-Russian. I have a BA in russian linguistics from russian university and I have a paralegal certificate from an american college. I believe that I have a solid knowledge of both languages and cultures and feel that attending a relatively short program (up to one year) would be enough to polish my skills. My ultimate goal is to get ATA certified. Please respond if you are aware of any trade school or certificate program including online cour
... See more
Hello everyone.

My language pair is English-Russian. I have a BA in russian linguistics from russian university and I have a paralegal certificate from an american college. I believe that I have a solid knowledge of both languages and cultures and feel that attending a relatively short program (up to one year) would be enough to polish my skills. My ultimate goal is to get ATA certified. Please respond if you are aware of any trade school or certificate program including online courses. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you,
Marina
Collapse

Anna Lada Hill
Anna Lada Hill
United States
Local time: 08:08
English to Russian
+ ...
EN-RU programs Jun 6, 2013

Hi Marina,

I recently found out about good 1-year long program at Chicago University. Also, try to google "certification in translation". Some British colleges have on-line options.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In a search for a translation study program English/Russian

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »