Some info on appearing on search engines
Thread poster: Roberto Robles
Roberto Robles
Roberto Robles
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 19, 2001

Hi Sonia

I see some time has gone by since your first posting. Maybe you already published your web site? If so, I hope this helps:

People tend to add onyl their index page to search engines. That is, the opening page of your site... which is good, but an idea is to advertise \"inner\" pages as well. Suppose you have a \"My Experience\" page, put that in the search engine as well because some people may find themselves looking for a translator and click on your link and the f
... See more
Hi Sonia

I see some time has gone by since your first posting. Maybe you already published your web site? If so, I hope this helps:

People tend to add onyl their index page to search engines. That is, the opening page of your site... which is good, but an idea is to advertise \"inner\" pages as well. Suppose you have a \"My Experience\" page, put that in the search engine as well because some people may find themselves looking for a translator and click on your link and the first thing they find is a photo of you and they read your text and they may feel that they don\'t have to look any further... as opposed to going into your opening page, then to the main, then read your navigation menu and clicking on the correct link...

We all know having people navigate your website feels great, but what\'s most important: Having a fantastic web site or selling the product you advertise?!

Hope this suggestion helps.

By the way, there are services out there that may do this for you and register your inner pages with dozens of search engines for a fee. If you feel this is a good investment (I do), why not try it?

Roberto
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Some info on appearing on search engines

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »