Susanna Garcia
Susanna Garcia  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:00
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Translation Oct 10, 2011

Luke,

You say that you find it easier to translate from Spanish to English. I have however taken a quick look at your profile, and your Spanish to English translation needs considerable reworking. It has many basic errors. Your CV is the same.

Good luck with your course but do not count on earning a living through interpreting - rates are going down if you have been following recent events in the interpreting world. You're also in a heavily subscribed language pair.
... See more
Luke,

You say that you find it easier to translate from Spanish to English. I have however taken a quick look at your profile, and your Spanish to English translation needs considerable reworking. It has many basic errors. Your CV is the same.

Good luck with your course but do not count on earning a living through interpreting - rates are going down if you have been following recent events in the interpreting world. You're also in a heavily subscribed language pair.

I hope you manage to keep during your enthusiasm at a time when so many of us professional interpreters are losing their own and leaving the profession.
Collapse

Luke Mersh
Luke Mersh  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:00
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
____ Oct 12, 2011

This is true. I find it easier to translate from Spanish to English than the other way around.
Yes I am aware that times are hard for us interpreters and I know that my language pair is a heavily subscribed but as I have been educated in Spain, I believe that I have a good founding in the language.

It would be silly to take on another language, especially from scratch, thats why I have decided to work and progress with my Spanish and English.

You should not loose
... See more
This is true. I find it easier to translate from Spanish to English than the other way around.
Yes I am aware that times are hard for us interpreters and I know that my language pair is a heavily subscribed but as I have been educated in Spain, I believe that I have a good founding in the language.

It would be silly to take on another language, especially from scratch, thats why I have decided to work and progress with my Spanish and English.

You should not loose hope in these hard times.

could you suggest any improvements on what I have written?

I will revise my CV and other English to Spanish translations.

regards

luke
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

earning money translating while studying interpreting- feedback wanted

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »