Fernanda Castro
Fernanda Castro
Brazil
Local time: 15:45
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Aug 9, 2011

Dear all,

I'm a new translator in the business. I've worked in the IT field for 2 years, but as an in-house employee, I think my mind is getting too focused on only one subject, and now that I am seeking jobs outside my country (Brazil), I seem to be having some difficulty, so I thought it would be interesting to ask for your help.

Currently I own SDL Trados, which I learned to use by myself, but have never got a professional project to work.

I'm also gradu
... See more
Dear all,

I'm a new translator in the business. I've worked in the IT field for 2 years, but as an in-house employee, I think my mind is getting too focused on only one subject, and now that I am seeking jobs outside my country (Brazil), I seem to be having some difficulty, so I thought it would be interesting to ask for your help.

Currently I own SDL Trados, which I learned to use by myself, but have never got a professional project to work.

I'm also graduated in Languages (Portuguese/English, no focus on translation).

I'd like to know if there are any certificates that are global or well-known, that could "prove" my translations are good. (as I cannot publish the work I perform in my current job).

Are there any other tips you could give me to be recognised abroad (esp. Europe)?

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for advice on certificates in translation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »