I would like to do some voluntary work.
Thread poster: acuarela
acuarela
acuarela
Local time: 11:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 21, 2004

Hello, my name is Vanesa and I would like to gain some experience by doing voluntary work.
I have searched the web but couldn´t find any organization. Can you recommend a site?
Thank you very much.

Carolyn Denoncourt
Carolyn Denoncourt  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:25
French to English
+ ...
try www.ashoka.org Mar 22, 2004

Hello Vanessa,

Ashoka is an organization that supports what it calls "social entrepreneurs", that is people who create programs designed to make positive social changes. I have no connection with the organization, but I have heard good things about it. They seek volunteers, including translators. You probably should start at the home page to learn about the organization. Then you
... See more
Hello Vanessa,

Ashoka is an organization that supports what it calls "social entrepreneurs", that is people who create programs designed to make positive social changes. I have no connection with the organization, but I have heard good things about it. They seek volunteers, including translators. You probably should start at the home page to learn about the organization. Then you can go to their volunteer page which is www. ashoka.org/involved/volunteer.cfm.
Collapse

Carolyn Denoncourt
Carolyn Denoncourt  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:25
French to English
+ ...
try www.ashoka.org Mar 22, 2004

Hello Vanessa,

Ashoka is an organization that supports what it calls "social entrepreneurs", that is people who create programs designed to make positive social changes. I have no connection with the organization, but I have heard good things about it. They seek volunteers, including translators. You probably should start at the home page to learn about the organization. Then you
... See more
Hello Vanessa,

Ashoka is an organization that supports what it calls "social entrepreneurs", that is people who create programs designed to make positive social changes. I have no connection with the organization, but I have heard good things about it. They seek volunteers, including translators. You probably should start at the home page to learn about the organization. Then you can go to their volunteer page which is www. ashoka.org/involved/volunteer.cfm.
I hope this helps.
Collapse

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:25
English to Turkish
+ ...
Hello Vanessa, Mar 22, 2004

Here is another one

http://www.tsf-twb.org/

Good luck!

LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
French to English
+ ...
And another one Mar 22, 2004

http://www.onlinevolunteering.org/

Good luck,

Lesley

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Czech to German
+ ...
http://www.partners.net/get_involved/volunteer.htm Mar 22, 2004

Hi,

just found this one. They are working mainly in the Americas and are looking for volunteers in various fields. Here's an extract from their website:

Examples of typical assignments include:

Receptionist
Data Entry
Publications/Materials Development
Grant Research/Proposal Writing
Written Translation (English, Spanish, Portuguese)
Interpretation (English, Spanish, Portuguese) - Certification Required<
... See more
Hi,

just found this one. They are working mainly in the Americas and are looking for volunteers in various fields. Here's an extract from their website:

Examples of typical assignments include:

Receptionist
Data Entry
Publications/Materials Development
Grant Research/Proposal Writing
Written Translation (English, Spanish, Portuguese)
Interpretation (English, Spanish, Portuguese) - Certification Required
Special Events Organization
Program Coordination
Partnership Strengthening

I don't know them but it seems to be an honest organization.

Good luck!

Charlotte

[Edited at 2004-03-22 15:26]
Collapse

Michelle Temple
Michelle Temple  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:25
Portuguese to English
+ ...
www.kidlink.org Mar 26, 2004

Kidlink - www.kidlink.org

Translation of web pages for children (mostly into Spanish and other languages). A good way to practice translating HTML files and have your work published on the web.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I would like to do some voluntary work.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »