Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Translation tools - which one is the best one to invest in?
Thread poster: Rikke Schimscha
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 05:32
English to German
+ ...
Fusion, Wordfast Mar 18, 2004

Rikke Schimscha wrote:

Hi all!
I have been doing translations for several years but have only just decided to try and make a living of it. I realise that in order to compete in the market and produce top-quality, efficient translation work, you need tools such as Trados, Wordfast, Transit, etc., but I cannot seem to figure out which one is the best one to invest in in terms of quality/price/agency preference.
Any advice and sharing of experiences highly appreciated:-)

Thanks
Rikke
Hi! I suggest Fusion, it is easy to learn and you are never left along during translation, becuase it links you with community TM-Databases. Word fast is a very good tool, one might tend to do mistakes very fast, as it is more a template than a stand alone application. There is a big forum at yahoo groups -pro wordfast.
Regards,
brandis

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:32
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Errors are translator's mistake, not his tool's Mar 18, 2004

S.R. Bandi wrote:
Wordfast is a very good tool, [but] one might tend to do mistakes very fast, as it is more a template than a stand-alone application.

Making mistakes is a trait of the translator, not his tool. A careless translator will make as many mistakes with Fusion or Trados or Déjà Vu.

[Edited at 2004-03-18 07:30]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation tools - which one is the best one to invest in?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »