Pricing - any hints for a beginner?
Thread poster: subi (X)
subi (X)
subi (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 17, 2001

How much to charge? That is a question I ask myself all the time. I am starting in the business, I do not have a clue as to how much I should charge. Any comments?

AA1 (X)
AA1 (X)
German to English
Aug 9, 2001

If I understand the rules for posting messages to the forum correctly, we are not supposed to compare our prices and rates.

But here is what you can do: look at several members\' profiles and compare their rates (most of us state our rates or a general price recommendation on our profile pages).

Good Luck!

Sara Donaire Escudero

Pazuri
Pazuri
Local time: 00:13
German to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 23, 2001

Quote:

On 2001-07-17 05:47, subi wrote:

How much to charge? That is a question I ask myself all the time. I am starting in the business, I do not have a clue as to how much I should charge. Any comments?

Yes. A little as possible to earn sufficiently per hour work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pricing - any hints for a beginner?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »