Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
The approx. fee of IoL Dip Trans exam...?
Thread poster: Melina Kajander
Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:24
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Rip-off Sep 13, 2010

I have decided not to take the DipTrans for financial reasons. I find it absurd that you need to pay more than three times the Brazilian minimum wage just to take an exam. I will probably settle for Brazilian certification, hopefully it's cheaper.

For those of you taking the exam, the restaurant is indeed open according to Spotlight magazine. Telephone of restaurant: + 55 11 3812-0741
... See more
I have decided not to take the DipTrans for financial reasons. I find it absurd that you need to pay more than three times the Brazilian minimum wage just to take an exam. I will probably settle for Brazilian certification, hopefully it's cheaper.

For those of you taking the exam, the restaurant is indeed open according to Spotlight magazine. Telephone of restaurant: + 55 11 3812-0741. Internet: www.beebysgourmet.com.br.
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:24
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You certainly did take local salaries into account? Sep 13, 2010

Paul Dixon wrote:

Yes, but will it pay for you the same way as the DipTrans? That is the key.

And you certain must take local conditions into account. Maybe it sounds outrageous to pay 20 euros for a rather regular meal in London, but it's a bargain!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The approx. fee of IoL Dip Trans exam...?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »