Alexandra Becker
Alexandra Becker
Germany
Local time: 20:49
English to German
+ ...
Mar 11, 2002

Hello,

I just would like to know how bidding works. I mean do I really have to pay $1 each time I bid? And what about the premium membership? If I am a premium member, is it then free for me to bid?

Thanks for your answers

Alexandra

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:49
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
.....or 10 BrowniZ Mar 11, 2002

Hi,

$ 1 or 10 BrowniZ. Platinum members don\'t pay for bidding.

Giuliana
[addsig]

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 20:49
English to Dutch
+ ...
...or 100 BrowniZ Mar 11, 2002

...1 $ or 100 BrowniZ, not ten.

Good luck

Marta Goc
Marta Goc  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:49
Polish to English
+ ...
Paying for Job Bids Mar 11, 2002

Job bidding is a pay for bid system. There are many ways in which you can pay:

You can use BrowniZ points (100 points per bid). All new ProZ.com members receive 300 BrowniZ points upon registration.

To see how you can earn additional BrowniZ points, please see >How can I get BrowniZ?<

You can deposit money in your \"http://www.proz.c
... See more
Job bidding is a pay for bid system. There are many ways in which you can pay:

You can use BrowniZ points (100 points per bid). All new ProZ.com members receive 300 BrowniZ points upon registration.

To see how you can earn additional BrowniZ points, please see >How can I get BrowniZ?<

You can deposit money in your \"http://www.proz.com/?sp=wallet/h\">ProZ.com Wallet and each bid will be charged against it. It costs $1 per bid.

Premium members ($60.00 per year) and Platinum members ($120.00 per year) can bid on an unlimited number of jobs.

Collapse

ISABEL GUARDERAS (X)
ISABEL GUARDERAS (X)
Local time: 19:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
What if you're not in the USA? Mar 21, 2002

I am a new (brown) member. I have put 3 or 4 bids so far. This means that I\'ve used already a few brownies. If you\'re not in the States what happens when you run out?

How would someone in the UK pay? Specially if one feels a bit weary about giving credit card details and the likes on the net.

Thank you all.

Isabel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bids - please explain the bid fee

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »