Thread poster: MarianneE
MarianneE
MarianneE
Local time: 08:26
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jan 22, 2010

Hi everyone,

Almost one year ago I became an inhouse translator at a research institute in the Netherlands. I am the first and only translator in this institute so obviously there is no proper job description or list of competencies that can be used in the appraisal and performance review. The HR department hasn't come up with anything useful yet so I decided to start my own search for useful job profiles and competences that are required from an inhouse translator. Is there anyone
... See more
Hi everyone,

Almost one year ago I became an inhouse translator at a research institute in the Netherlands. I am the first and only translator in this institute so obviously there is no proper job description or list of competencies that can be used in the appraisal and performance review. The HR department hasn't come up with anything useful yet so I decided to start my own search for useful job profiles and competences that are required from an inhouse translator. Is there anyone who can help me to such information? I translate from English into Dutch and v.v.

I would really appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Regards,

Marlies
Collapse

Anna Dzidowska
Anna Dzidowska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Inhouse translator profile Jan 22, 2010

Hi, Marlies

If you can wait until Monday, I will look up my job profile and send you an update.
I've been working as an in-house translator for the past 7 years (actually for a Dutch company) and I remember that we struggled with the job profile as well.
Unfortunately I don't remember what exactly was put in there.

Have a good weekend and till Monday!
Anna

Anna Dzidowska
Anna Dzidowska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
re Jan 25, 2010

Hi,
as promised, I found my job descriptions. It's a 2-page document and I'd rather not post it here. If you are still interested feel free to send me an email at: [email protected], and I will send you a copy in English.

Regards,

Anna

MarianneE
MarianneE
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Job profile Jan 27, 2010

Anna Ujma wrote:

Hi, Marlies

If you can wait until Monday, I will look up my job profile and send you an update.
I've been working as an in-house translator for the past 7 years (actually for a Dutch company) and I remember that we struggled with the job profile as well.
Unfortunately I don't remember what exactly was put in there.

Have a good weekend and till Monday!
Anna

Hi Anna,

I would really appreciate receiving your profile.

Thanks a lot!

Marlies

MarianneE
MarianneE
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Any more job profiles? Feb 3, 2010

Anna, thanks a lot for the job profile you sent me. Does anyone else have a profile that they don't mind sharing with me?

Regards,

Marlies

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for inhouse translator job profile/list of competences

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »