José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:16
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Maybe Jan 13, 2010

Laurent KRAULAND wrote:
Aren't we discussing an outsourcer... in a public forum?

For once I was trying to steer away from rates. The discussion took the usual path, assuming the thread starter is seeking low rates and nothing else.

I guess the spotlight here is on improving translator bids on Proz, as apparently they are not fulfilling the agencies' expectations. My first posting here was on careless outsourcers whose job ads foil competent bidders' attempts to make a sensible offer.

My posting was deleted by a Proz staff member grounded on house rules. I guess these same reasons would justify deleting all other messages discussing whether the thread starter does or does not pay 3¢/word.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:16
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
No missing link Jan 13, 2010

Robert Forstag wrote:

Anyway, you did not address the main issue that I raised there, which was the fact that your agency's name is not mentioned anywhere on your proz.com profile, which means that there is no link from your profile page to the Blue Board listing which shows all of your recent postings and rates offered.

Yes, it is there.
Click on the red plus sign next to "Display standardized information".
The profile is linked to the BB, via the "Affiliation" field.
You are right though, that even though it is a Corporate profile, the company name is not shown in there.

If you can confirm that such "missing linkage" was purely unintentional

I don't know about intentions, but I know that there is a setting on the profile page that lets you select between "Standardized" and "Personalized" view of the profile. The main fields, including the "Affiliation" row, will be collapsed (temporarily hidden) if you choose the "Personalized" option. I think "Standard" is the default setting.

The "Affiliation" field/link often gets filled by staff, although I think it is possible to fill it yourself - although I cannot find an option for that on my profile page right now.

Katalin

Ligia Dias Costa
Ligia Dias Costa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:16
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Locking thread Jan 13, 2010

Katalin Horvath McClure wrote:

Now, the whole topic could be seen as a violation of Forum Rule 8.
http://www.proz.com/siterules/forum/8#8

Even at the beginning, I was wondering how did the original post pass General Rule #3.
http://www.proz.com/siterules/general/3#3

Although, these things can be subjective...
Katalin

Indeed, I agree with Laurent and Katalin. You all have kept me busy reading all these posts and analysing their content! Some of the posts were, in fact, violations of ProZ.com rules and were hidden.

I also agree that general rule 3#3 could be seen as violated, however, maybe due to my free spirit, I did allow the ball to roll.

However, it is my belief that the matter has been exausted.

I am locking this thread and would like to thank you all for your understanding.

Ligia Dias Costa

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Optimizing your proz.com bids

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »