Contacting Translation Agencies
Thread poster: fallplanet
Dec 27, 2009

Hello Proz users

I have been studying translation for quite a while now, and am confident in my skills. I have also read other articles here and searched the web.
I was thinking of sending e-mails to agencies with my CV attached, asking them to send me trial tests.
Can anyone give me any advice on how to send the first e-mail???
I wasn't planning on attaching a cover letter. Aside from saying "I speak this-and-that language, and references can be provided upon re
... See more
Hello Proz users

I have been studying translation for quite a while now, and am confident in my skills. I have also read other articles here and searched the web.
I was thinking of sending e-mails to agencies with my CV attached, asking them to send me trial tests.
Can anyone give me any advice on how to send the first e-mail???
I wasn't planning on attaching a cover letter. Aside from saying "I speak this-and-that language, and references can be provided upon request," shall I write a bit more about myself?

Thank you.

Best,
Collapse

Sandrine Ananie
Sandrine Ananie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:12
Member (2009)
English to French
I recently asked the same question Dec 27, 2009

You may find it useful to refer to this link:
http://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/149902-what_would_be_the_best_way_to_approach_agencies.html

(hope it works)

Good luck!

Sandrine

Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:12
English to French
+ ...
You need to specify your skills Dec 28, 2009

Hello,

You need to specify your skills in your email, and be more professional-like.

If you did some translations in the past just mention it.

If you have other diplomas than translation or if you worked in another field that would be something worth mentioning.

Cheers,

MoH

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Contacting Translation Agencies

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »