Industry Area Vs Subject Areas
Thread poster: Kwadd
Kwadd
Kwadd
Local time: 12:33
Dec 2, 2009

Hi All,

I'm starting out into the wide world of translation and I was told about this website by a translator friend of mine. The topics here seem really diverse and the people are really helpful. I was wondering if you guys could help a greenhorn out with some info.

What exactly is the difference between industry area (of a manuscript to be translated) and the subject area? Which one is more important? I was thinking that the Subject area is important for academic man
... See more
Hi All,

I'm starting out into the wide world of translation and I was told about this website by a translator friend of mine. The topics here seem really diverse and the people are really helpful. I was wondering if you guys could help a greenhorn out with some info.

What exactly is the difference between industry area (of a manuscript to be translated) and the subject area? Which one is more important? I was thinking that the Subject area is important for academic manuscripts and the industry area is important for non academic manuscripts. Am i correct?
Please forgive me if it seems to be a very basic question.

Thanks in advance
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Industry Area Vs Subject Areas

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »