Nina Khmielnitzky
Nina Khmielnitzky  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:36
Member (2004)
English to French
Feb 28, 2002

Hi,

I wonder what kind of job this is. Anyone can search on the Internet to find how to say \"hi\" in different languages. Why post it in the job offer section?

Nina

Elena Sgarbo (X)
Elena Sgarbo (X)  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
I received that message like a plague today... Mar 1, 2002

My e-mail Inbox at one point today had 12 messages announcing this \"job\" entitled \"Please tell me how to say hi\" in different language pairs.

Since I don\'t work on over half those pairs, I thought it must be a virus... I quickly deleted them all.

Evi Zierlein
Evi Zierlein
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:36
English to German
+ ...
Mistake? Mar 1, 2002

I saw it as well but just thought someone had probably clicked on the wrong boxes and ended up in \"Post job\" instead of \"Ask a pro\". I just found it quite strange (or should I say amuzing?)that there were several people who had posted a bid.

Angel Biojo
Angel Biojo
United States
Local time: 23:36
English to Spanish
Hi Mar 1, 2002

I agree with you. It\'s totally silly.

Susana Tejeda Taberna
Susana Tejeda Taberna  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not only that... Mar 1, 2002

Not only that... I received the e-mail 7 times!!!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tell me how to say hi - Job offered

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »