Sample French Business Contract
Thread poster: Natalie Jennings (X)
Natalie Jennings (X)
Natalie Jennings (X)
France
Local time: 00:05
French to English
Nov 14, 2009

Hi all! I've just joined up, I'm British and I live in France. I'm currently in the process of setting up as an independent translator from French to English. I've searched everywhere for a sample business contract in French I can use when dealing directly with clients, but to no avail! I need an example of a contract between myself and the client, outlining price, delivery dates, confidentiality clause etc. I found one sample contract in French on here but it was Canadian and therefore didn't ... See more
Hi all! I've just joined up, I'm British and I live in France. I'm currently in the process of setting up as an independent translator from French to English. I've searched everywhere for a sample business contract in French I can use when dealing directly with clients, but to no avail! I need an example of a contract between myself and the client, outlining price, delivery dates, confidentiality clause etc. I found one sample contract in French on here but it was Canadian and therefore didn't correspond exactly to laws or terminology in France. I'd be so grateful for any help/advice! Many thanks in advance!Collapse

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Terms & conditions Nov 15, 2009

I would have a look at the recommended terms and conditions offered by the SFT (Société Française des Traducteurs), which you can adapt to your own needs without being a member.

See http://www.sft.fr/page361.html for more information.

Natalie Jennings (X)
Natalie Jennings (X)
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks! Nov 17, 2009

Many thanks!! It didn't occur to me to look on the SFT site, much appreciated - merci!

AnneMarieG
AnneMarieG  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
T & Cs Nov 17, 2009

Bonjour,
vous trouverez également une traduction de ces conditions générales de vente traduites en anglais (ce qui peut être intéressant pour des clients non francophones), sachant qu'il faut leur envoyer les 2 versions puisque c'est la version française qui fait foi.

Bon lancement !

Anne-Marie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sample French Business Contract

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »