IoL Dip Trans Courses
Thread poster: susanagonz
susanagonz
susanagonz
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 20, 2003

I am looking for a place to take courses for the Dip Trans ( ENG-SPA) in London. So far I've found 3 places City University, Westminster University amd Kensington and Chelsea College. Has anyone attended these courses? Can you give some references about these places or recommend another?
Thank you
Susana

louisajay
louisajay
Spanish to English
+ ...
Westminster Oct 20, 2003

I didn't do the DipTrans at Westminster, I did the MA, but I believe many of the tutors are the same and they're pretty good. Good facilities for translation students too.

Anna Moorby DipTrans
Anna Moorby DipTrans  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
City University Distance Learning Course Oct 28, 2003

Hi there,
I'm currently on the third term of City University's distance course for the DipTrans Spanish to English. Since I do it over the internet, I can't really tell you about the classes or whatever, but I`m really pleased with my tutor, she's very thorough and always sends really helpful documents about problems and pitfalls of each translation. I have two telephone tutorials a term, which also help a lot. My tutor has also offered to put me in contact with other distance pupils by e-
... See more
Hi there,
I'm currently on the third term of City University's distance course for the DipTrans Spanish to English. Since I do it over the internet, I can't really tell you about the classes or whatever, but I`m really pleased with my tutor, she's very thorough and always sends really helpful documents about problems and pitfalls of each translation. I have two telephone tutorials a term, which also help a lot. My tutor has also offered to put me in contact with other distance pupils by e-mail in case I was missing the chatting/gossiping/complaining angle of student life!
hope that helps a little,
good luck
Anna
xx
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

IoL Dip Trans Courses

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »