Thread poster: Luca Ruella
Luca Ruella
Luca Ruella  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 26, 2002

I was working inhouse in maidenhead and I can guarantee that SLD is a serious company. There is a high turnover rate in their internal staff (I would say because maidenhead is not the most exciting place in the world ) and inhouse translators often leave after 2 years. I have no news about spanish translators leaving recently (I am still in contact with some friends there) but if they invite you for an interview you are likely to be offered a posi... See more
I was working inhouse in maidenhead and I can guarantee that SLD is a serious company. There is a high turnover rate in their internal staff (I would say because maidenhead is not the most exciting place in the world ) and inhouse translators often leave after 2 years. I have no news about spanish translators leaving recently (I am still in contact with some friends there) but if they invite you for an interview you are likely to be offered a position. Good luck!Collapse

Fernando Galv�n (X)
Fernando Galv�n (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for your feedback Feb 27, 2002

Hi Luca,

I guess there must be quite a lot of Fernandos around Proz, however I was stunned to see my name on the forum postings.

I have never doubted SDL is a serious company, I was just trying to be realistic. But it doesn\'t matter now as I have discovered the pleasures of being a freelancer. Let\'s see what the future will bring. Thanks indeed for your comments.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do not give up Fernando

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »