Request from new agency: do you think it is normal?
Thread poster: Rocío Boada del Sol (X)
Rocío Boada del Sol (X)
Rocío Boada del Sol (X)
Local time: 00:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 29, 2003

Hi!

I have just received a message from a Czech agency telling me to send them back some stuff for a future collaboration with them.

I have to send them a form (wich is normal) and the confidentiallity ageement. I have not even been assigned a project and I am asked to send them the agreement...

I do not know if it is normal, before sending them back, I wanted other points of view.

Thanks a lot!

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 18:49
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Why not? Sep 29, 2003

Hi Rocío

I have already done that.
It would be strange to wait and see the document to decide whether you're going to sign or not.

Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Standard practice Sep 29, 2003

I have not even been assigned a project and I am asked to send them the agreement...

It's quite common for agencies to have you sign a general confidentiality agreement before you start working with them. Nothing suspicious about it.

Kind regards,
P.

Mónica Machado
Mónica Machado
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:49
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Quite usual, I think... Sep 29, 2003

Hello Rocío,

From my own experience this is normal and quite common. Some agencies ask to have that agreement before they have any project to be assigned to you. I don't know if there is anything wrong with this, though...

Just wait for a few more opinions...

Best regards,
Mónica

English into European Portuguese Translator
Member of APT and IOL & Associate Member of ITI
Portugal
E-mail: [email protected]
http://monicamachado.planetaclix.pt

Rocío Boada del Sol wrote:

Hi!

I have just received a message from a Czech agency telling me to send them back some stuff for a future collaboration with them.

I have to send them a form (wich is normal) and the confidentiallity ageement. I have not even been assigned a project and I am asked to send them the agreement...

I do not know if it is normal, before sending them back, I wanted other points of view.

Thanks a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Request from new agency: do you think it is normal?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »