Arben Seva  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:03
Member (2003)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Sep 18, 2003

Hello all,
I wonder if somebody could help me decide what to charge for a localisation job. I have been offered a large project to extract the text for translation from a range of files i.e. .jsp, .xml, .txt, .dtd, .jar, .class etc. translate them and then insert it again in the files. Although i have an extensive experience in programming is the first time i have been asked to charge for such a thing. The client wants to know first the price for analysing the files if the proccedure is po
... See more
Hello all,
I wonder if somebody could help me decide what to charge for a localisation job. I have been offered a large project to extract the text for translation from a range of files i.e. .jsp, .xml, .txt, .dtd, .jar, .class etc. translate them and then insert it again in the files. Although i have an extensive experience in programming is the first time i have been asked to charge for such a thing. The client wants to know first the price for analysing the files if the proccedure is possible and then a price for the rest of the job. Should i charge by hour? Normally i charge 25 GBP per hour for normal translation. Please tell me your opinion.
Regards
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Charging for localisation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »