Which tools can I use to build my glossary?
Thread poster: Julia Kasper
Julia Kasper
Julia Kasper
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:26
English to German
Jul 23, 2003

Hello,

I want to start a glossary that I can use while translating files on my computer. Can I use Trados for this. Do I need Multiterm? How does it work? Sorry, but I am just trying to figure out, what I can do with Trados. So its all new to me.

Julia

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:26
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Consider Wordfast Jul 23, 2003

You could start working with the free trial version of Wordfast (www.champollion.net). The trial version lets you use three glossaries simultaneously without limitations. Wordfast glossaries are tab-delimited .txt files that are easy to create with e.g. any Office application.

Regards,
Gerard

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:26
English to Polish
+ ...
Trados' idea is to use MultiTerm Jul 23, 2003

If you own Trados, it might be a good idea to use MultiTerm. But if you need fast results, don;t. It looks like MultiTerm will give you some pain along the way.

Julia Kasper
Julia Kasper
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:26
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Jul 24, 2003

I am a bit reluctant to use Trados and Wordfast together for fear of crashs. I think I am trying Multiterm first and test Wordfast later, if I don't like Multiterm.

Julia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which tools can I use to build my glossary?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »