https://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/12756-any_experience_with_paypal.html&phpv_redirected=1

Any experience with PayPal?
Thread poster: Rocío Boada del Sol (X)
Rocío Boada del Sol (X)
Rocío Boada del Sol (X)
Local time: 05:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 19, 2003

Hello!

I am thinking to contract a PayPal account, but I do not know exactly how does it work.

If you receive money via PayPal, do you have to pay expensive fees?

Do you have any good... or bad experience?

Thank you very much in advance.

Ruben Berrozpe (X)
Ruben Berrozpe (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Hace poco se trató en otro foro Jul 19, 2003

Hola Rocío, te envío el link a un foro en el que se trató este mismo tema que planteas, seguramente te será útil lo que allí se comentó (aparte de lo que puedan aportar otros)

Un saludo.

Rb

http://www.proz.com/topic/12341

PS: Sorry, this should have been in English. Thought it was the spanish forum after all... well too late. Going to sleep...
... See more
Hola Rocío, te envío el link a un foro en el que se trató este mismo tema que planteas, seguramente te será útil lo que allí se comentó (aparte de lo que puedan aportar otros)

Un saludo.

Rb

http://www.proz.com/topic/12341

PS: Sorry, this should have been in English. Thought it was the spanish forum after all... well too late. Going to sleep...
Bye!

[Edited at 2003-07-19 22:46]
Collapse

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Expensive, but Jul 20, 2003

nice to have for smaller jobs. If you tell a customer to transfer money via paypal, remember two things:

1. Transfer the money from Paypal to your bank right away (If you do not confirm the payment, the money might be returned to the sender)

2. Do not instruct customers to transfer larger amounts, since Paypal charges you with a percentage...

If you want a service that do not charge when you receive money, try moneybookers.com

[Edited at 2003-07-20 0
... See more
nice to have for smaller jobs. If you tell a customer to transfer money via paypal, remember two things:

1. Transfer the money from Paypal to your bank right away (If you do not confirm the payment, the money might be returned to the sender)

2. Do not instruct customers to transfer larger amounts, since Paypal charges you with a percentage...

If you want a service that do not charge when you receive money, try moneybookers.com

[Edited at 2003-07-20 08:02]
Collapse

Rocío Boada del Sol (X)
Rocío Boada del Sol (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 20, 2003

Your relpies relly help me do "know a bit more" about PayPal, but I also checked moneybookers.com and it sounds better for me. Maybe PayPal, it is more extended. Or maybe to ask to my client to contract an account in moneybookers.com.

Well, thanks again.

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:29
Dutch to English
+ ...
Paypal Jul 20, 2003

Hello Rocio,

I use PayPal all the time and like it a lot. Their fee is a percentage of the amount you are to receive so 'yes' is it is a large amount, it may be better to use an alternative system. But I have never had problems with PayPal. If you do not wish to transfer the money right away to your bank (that does not cost anything), it is a good idea to accept the payment. That way it does not get send back to the person who paid you.

Good luck!
Lucinda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any experience with PayPal?

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »