Thread poster: Alexandra Schneeuhr
Alexandra Schneeuhr
Alexandra Schneeuhr  Identity Verified
Cyprus
Local time: 09:45
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 16, 2014

This thread is part of the Translator playground: a place for translators to have fun, to network, to learn, and to hone their translation or linguistic skills. See the announcement here.

Need a quick break from work? In this forum translators and language professionals can share quotes about translation, tongue twisters and word plays, translation challenges, etc.

All are welcome to participate and to add new items to this and the other areas of the Translator playground; have fun with it! If you need help or would like to propose an addition to the Translator playground, contact site staff through the online support system.

I first thought of it when browsing the archived polls (of "do you rent an office/work from home/ have a separate room for work" kind): as self-employed freelancers, we are bound to have the most diverse and unusual kinds of workspace solutions, including the weird ones (like working in the kitchen/on the beach/on the plane, and so on). The idea is to take a snapshot of your current workspace and to post it anonymously (with a moderator's help?) in a forum thread. The other members can then tag the posted photos and/or vote for "the most professional-looking freelancer's workspace"/'the most high-tech one"/"the funniest"/"the messiest"/ etc. No cheating or stock photos are allowed

[Edited at 2014-01-16 11:44 GMT]

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
There is an area on the site where translators can share their workspaces pictures Jan 16, 2014

Hi Alexandra,

Nice idea. I take this opportunity to remind everyone that there is an area on the site where translators can share their workspaces with others http://www.proz.com/share-your-workspace

Have fun!

Romina

Alexandra Schneeuhr
Alexandra Schneeuhr  Identity Verified
Cyprus
Local time: 09:45
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
the link Jan 16, 2014

Ouch... a pity I was not aware of the link. Thank you, Romina! ))

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

My Workspace: fun photo contest idea

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »