Thread poster: Pablo Bouvier
Barbara Pillmeier
Barbara Pillmeier  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:15
English to German
+ ...
I do not like getting unsolicited phone calls Jul 23, 2013

ProZ advertised the tool in a mail that I received. I was interested and clicked to download the demo version. For some reason the download didn't work - and I lost interest already.

Today, I got a phone call from this company, because I clicked the link in the e-mail to check out this tool.

Helloooo? A phone call from the US just because I clicked the download button! Trying to give me whatever good conditions, etc. if I buy now.

I do not like getting uns
... See more
ProZ advertised the tool in a mail that I received. I was interested and clicked to download the demo version. For some reason the download didn't work - and I lost interest already.

Today, I got a phone call from this company, because I clicked the link in the e-mail to check out this tool.

Helloooo? A phone call from the US just because I clicked the download button! Trying to give me whatever good conditions, etc. if I buy now.

I do not like getting unsolicited phone calls! E-mails are ok, because I can delete them without reading - which I will do whenever another mail comes in from this company.

After reading your comments, I definitely do not need such kind of a translation tool

....my five cents....
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

New Fluency CAT tool

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »