Thread poster: Voloshka
Voloshka
Voloshka  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:43
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 7, 2006

Dear colleagues!

I am going to stay in Amsterdam for some time. I would like to provide for Internet connection to be able to get and stay in touch with my clients. Internet-cafes are not acceptable.

May I ask your advice regarding possibilities of wireless Internet connection in Amsterdam?
What are the names of Internet providers?

Thank you in advance!

Alena Chebanenko

Joost Elshoff (X)
Joost Elshoff (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:43
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Wifi Amsterdam Oct 7, 2006

You might want to visit http://www.hotspotamsterdam.com/IndexFlash.html to see what possibilities are.

I didn't find any reference of other Wifi providers, but you might want to try any of the University of Amsterdam locations, if they provide such service.

If you are planning on staying longer, you might want to consider a solution from one of our 5 GSM operator
... See more
You might want to visit http://www.hotspotamsterdam.com/IndexFlash.html to see what possibilities are.

I didn't find any reference of other Wifi providers, but you might want to try any of the University of Amsterdam locations, if they provide such service.

If you are planning on staying longer, you might want to consider a solution from one of our 5 GSM operators, using 3g/UMTS/HSDPA access to the internet. That's not really affordable though.

[Edited at 2006-10-07 18:21]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Wireless Internet connection in Amsterdam

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »