Thread poster: Chris Hopley
Chris Hopley
Chris Hopley  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:23
German to English
+ ...
Oct 8, 2002

I don\'t feel completely at ease writing this message, yet feel I have to given the unpleasant exchanges of late in the Dutch > English KudoZ board. It\'s a shame, because it detracts greatly from the masses of knowledge and the pleasant banter that otherwise goes on there.

Anyway, a reminder - should it be necessary - of some important points of conduct that apply to the use of ProZ:

1. Member agrees not to transmit through the Service any unlawful... See more
I don\'t feel completely at ease writing this message, yet feel I have to given the unpleasant exchanges of late in the Dutch > English KudoZ board. It\'s a shame, because it detracts greatly from the masses of knowledge and the pleasant banter that otherwise goes on there.

Anyway, a reminder - should it be necessary - of some important points of conduct that apply to the use of ProZ:

1. Member agrees not to transmit through the Service any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature.

2. Member shall not interfere with another Member\'s use and enjoyment of the Service

3. Some people may post information that is offensive, harmful or inaccurate ... We expect that you will use caution--and common sense--when using ProZ.com.

That means being nice to each other, treating each other with professional respect (yes, even if you don\'t like someone on a personal level), assuming good faith, treating people with the same dignity and restraint that you would if you were face to face with them, and generally dealing with people in a way becoming of a professional.

Specifically, do not engage in character assassinations no matter how justified you feel. Just walk away, cool down, read these Words of Peace and then ask yourself why? Is it really worth it? If you still feel the need, please find an appropriate forum.

ProZ is simply not the place for this.

And if you really, really, really just have to have the last say, please make sure you stick to the specific linguistic matter at hand.

One final thought, something I heard a wise man say recently: \"the only shame in making a mistake is not being able to admit to it\".

Chris

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-08 15:59 ]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Professional etiquette

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »