Thread poster: Hans Hereijgers
Hans Hereijgers
Hans Hereijgers
Local time: 13:34
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 2, 2006

Eerst en vooral een gelukkig 2006!

Mijn vraagje: een Spaans agentschap vraagt me een 'Residence certificate'. Zo niet zal 25% belasting worden afgehouden van mijn factuur. Heeft iemand daar ervaring mee of weet iemand hoe ik daar in België aan kan geraken?

Alvast bedankt!

Hans

Anjo Sterringa
Anjo Sterringa  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:34
English to Dutch
+ ...
Bewijs van waar je inkomstenbelasting betaalt Jan 2, 2006

Ik woon zelf in Spanje, en hier wordt een deel van de inkomstenbelasting tussen de vrije beroepsbeoefenaars 'aan de bron' ingehouden. Daarbij gaat het om 15% (IRPF).

Mogelijk willen ze zeker weten dat je fiscaal gezien niet in Spanje woont. Je buitenlandse BTW-nummer zou mi genoeg moeten zijn.
Dat geeft dan aan waar je (fiscaal) gevestigd bent. Je betaalt immers inkomstenbelasting over je 'wereldinkomen' op de plaats waar je bent gevestigd (meestal dus: woont).
Probeer
... See more
Ik woon zelf in Spanje, en hier wordt een deel van de inkomstenbelasting tussen de vrije beroepsbeoefenaars 'aan de bron' ingehouden. Daarbij gaat het om 15% (IRPF).

Mogelijk willen ze zeker weten dat je fiscaal gezien niet in Spanje woont. Je buitenlandse BTW-nummer zou mi genoeg moeten zijn.
Dat geeft dan aan waar je (fiscaal) gevestigd bent. Je betaalt immers inkomstenbelasting over je 'wereldinkomen' op de plaats waar je bent gevestigd (meestal dus: woont).
Probeer het bij de Belgische tegenhanger van de Belastingdienst, die moeten je verder kunnen helpen.

Ik betaal zelf wel eens collega's in het buitenland die me een handje hebben geholpen met een klus, maar met hun BTW-nummer en bankrekening in het buitenland heb ik genoeg info. Ik begrijp het dus niet helemaal (maar zie dat het dus wel meer voorkomt gezien Deborah's reactie).

Anjo

[Edited at 2006-01-02 11:12]
Collapse

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:34
Dutch to English
+ ...
Fiscal residence Jan 2, 2006

Sorry for the reply in English.

The agency simply needs proof of your registration for income tax purposes in Belgium - you should be able to get such a certificate from your local Department of Finance.

When they thus refer to a "residence certificate", they are talking about "fiscal residence"

I live in Portugal and often have the same request from Spanish agencies.

Hope this helps
Debs

[Edited at 2006-01-02 10:04]

Rafa Lombardino
Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 05:34
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Business Registration Dec 19, 2006

xxxLawyer-Lingu wrote:

When they thus refer to a "residence certificate", they are talking about "fiscal residence"

I live in Portugal and often have the same request from Spanish agencies.

I've just found your entry when looking for "Certificate of Fiscal Residence" at Proz.com and I'm now a little confused... I just received a similar request from a new Spanish client and, a month ago, when the topic first came up I provided them with my business registration, issued by the San Diego Clerk, proving that my business had been registered in 2004 here in San Diego, California. The paperwork even mentions the newspaper announcements that are mandatory for business registration purposes. I also provided my client with my business tax ID number, sent to our business residence by the IRS itself...

Wouldn't that be enough proof of residence? Why would I have to fill in a form that clients themselves created, then go to an IRS office and have them sign, stamp, and seal the document?

Let me know if you have any ideas on this issue.

Thanks!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

'Residence certificate' van een Spaans agentschap

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »