Thread poster: Ingeborg Aalders
Ingeborg Aalders
Ingeborg Aalders
Netherlands
Local time: 23:11
French to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 8, 2008

De Kamer van Koophandel in Leiden wilde mij vanwege mijn 'vrije beroep' (vertaler) nooit inschrijven, maar nu kom ik er net achter dat dit veranderd is en dat Tolken/Vertalers zich per 1 juli 2008 verplicht moeten inschrijven bij de Kamer van Koophandel. Het leek me wel handig om deze info met jullie te delen.

Van de website van de KvK:

'Vrije beroepsbeoefenaren waren tot 1 juli 2008 niet verplicht zich in te schrijven in het Handelsregister. Met de inwerkingtreding van
... See more
De Kamer van Koophandel in Leiden wilde mij vanwege mijn 'vrije beroep' (vertaler) nooit inschrijven, maar nu kom ik er net achter dat dit veranderd is en dat Tolken/Vertalers zich per 1 juli 2008 verplicht moeten inschrijven bij de Kamer van Koophandel. Het leek me wel handig om deze info met jullie te delen.

Van de website van de KvK:

'Vrije beroepsbeoefenaren waren tot 1 juli 2008 niet verplicht zich in te schrijven in het Handelsregister. Met de inwerkingtreding van de nieuwe Handelsregisterwet is dat veranderd. Ook deze groepen moeten zich nu registreren in het Handelsregister.

Overgangstermijn
De inschrijfplicht voor nieuwe inschrijvers geldt vanaf 1 juli 2008, maar er is een overgangstermijn om alle nieuwe inschrijvingen gefaseerd en gemakkelijk te laten verlopen. Organisaties die zich nog moeten inschrijven, hebben hiervoor uiterlijk tot en met 31 december 2009 de tijd. Als u bij een van deze groepen hoort, krijgt u vanzelf bericht van de KvK. U hoeft dus zelf geen actie te ondernemen.

Meer informatie voor nieuwe inschrijvers.

Starten na 1 juli 2008
Start u na 1 juli 2008 een onderneming of een rechtspersoon in één van deze categorieën, dan geldt deze inschrijftermijn niet. U bent direct inschrijfplichtig.'

Vriendelijke groeten,
Ingeborg Gonizzi
Collapse

kjmcguire
kjmcguire
Netherlands
Chinese to English
Een vraagje.. Sep 8, 2008

Mijn excusus dat ik moet dit in het engels schrijven...

If I wish to register as someone who does freelance translation alongside another full-time job, would I still need to register with the KvK? I'm still looking into getting back into freelance translation but the tax laws and KvK registration rules are a little difficult to understand (My Dutch doesn't stretch to legal and fiscal terminology).

Is there a category for people who take on freelance work alongside anot
... See more
Mijn excusus dat ik moet dit in het engels schrijven...

If I wish to register as someone who does freelance translation alongside another full-time job, would I still need to register with the KvK? I'm still looking into getting back into freelance translation but the tax laws and KvK registration rules are a little difficult to understand (My Dutch doesn't stretch to legal and fiscal terminology).

Is there a category for people who take on freelance work alongside another job or would I need to register myself as an 'ondernemer'?

Sorry for all the questions.

Met vriendelijk groeten,

Kelly McGuire.
Collapse

Ingeborg Aalders
Ingeborg Aalders
Netherlands
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Registration KvK & Belastingdienst Sep 8, 2008

Hi Kelly,

There are two types of registration:
1. for the Belastingdienst, for income tax purposes: depending on how much work you do as a freelancer, you can be considered as an 'onderneming' or as gaining 'inkomsten uit overige werkzaamheden' (i.e. you work for an employer and you gain additional income as a freelancer). It's up to the tax office to decide in which category you are. According to their decision, different rules for income tax apply.
Furthermore, when y
... See more
Hi Kelly,

There are two types of registration:
1. for the Belastingdienst, for income tax purposes: depending on how much work you do as a freelancer, you can be considered as an 'onderneming' or as gaining 'inkomsten uit overige werkzaamheden' (i.e. you work for an employer and you gain additional income as a freelancer). It's up to the tax office to decide in which category you are. According to their decision, different rules for income tax apply.
Furthermore, when you are considered an 'onderneming' you need to charge and pay BTW (=VAT) for which you need an BTW-nummer.
Please refer to the Belastingdienst for more information. I'm pretty sure they have their information available in English.

2. for the Kamer van Koophandel: as from 1 July 2008 you need to register in case you want to work as a professional freelancer. They have a nice information booklet for 'parttime ondernemers': http://www.kvk.nl/regio/denhaag/Images/Parttime%20ondernemen%202008_tcm46-168661.pdf

I think that even in your case you need to register, but I am not sure (because until now, I've never registered with them and I started off just like you are doing now: working in a job and freelancing along. But since then, legislation changed).

Well, I hope I've made things a little bit clearer for you (or are you even more confused now...?)

If you need more info, just let me know.

Kind regards,
Ingeborg
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Tolken/Vertalers moeten inschrijven bij de KvK

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »