Korean font issue
Thread poster: Leon M. van Sambeek
Leon M. van Sambeek
Leon M. van Sambeek
Netherlands
Local time: 09:48
Feb 21, 2019

I have translated machine software from English into Korean and have a problem:
the GUI needs to display some ASCII (latin) characters and Korean characters simultaneously in the same font. The text is presented as a table which means that characters need to be vertically aligned (e.g. the 5th character on line 2 sits exactly beneath the 5th character on line 1).

I have tried MINGLIU and NotoMono-Regular but neither display Korean glyphs correctly in our application. Non-monos
... See more
I have translated machine software from English into Korean and have a problem:
the GUI needs to display some ASCII (latin) characters and Korean characters simultaneously in the same font. The text is presented as a table which means that characters need to be vertically aligned (e.g. the 5th character on line 2 sits exactly beneath the 5th character on line 1).

I have tried MINGLIU and NotoMono-Regular but neither display Korean glyphs correctly in our application. Non-monospaced fonts like malgun and arial-unicode work correctly (but don't align characters).

Can anyone advise me about a usable font that solves this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Leon
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Korean font issue

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »