Thread poster: Annette Bredewold
Annette Bredewold
Annette Bredewold
Denmark
Local time: 17:55
Finnish to German
+ ...
Dec 6, 2005

Sorry, I am writing in English in this forum, but I hope to get some advices from Danish translators. I was moving to Denmark by the end of november and I would like to registrate my translation-agency there. I was working as a freelance translator in the last 5 years, but because my business is running so well, I want to found my own agency. I got a lot of offers in other language-combinations as mine, thatswhy it's in my opinion better to found a business than to registrate as a freelancer. Is... See more
Sorry, I am writing in English in this forum, but I hope to get some advices from Danish translators. I was moving to Denmark by the end of november and I would like to registrate my translation-agency there. I was working as a freelance translator in the last 5 years, but because my business is running so well, I want to found my own agency. I got a lot of offers in other language-combinations as mine, thatswhy it's in my opinion better to found a business than to registrate as a freelancer. Isn't it like that?
What I have to do for this in Denmark, where I have to registrate my firma, what documents I need for this? Are there any special things I have to think about?
I would be thankful to any advice recording this theme.
And I promise to learn Danish as fast as I can

Hilsen,

Annette
Collapse

Jan Eiffert
Jan Eiffert
Danish to German
+ ...
When you get yourself registered... Dec 6, 2005

Hej Annette

As far as I know, you don't have to specify what kind og business you are running. You have to chose a certain line of business ("Branche" in German) and a certain kind of company (one man-business, corporation etc), when you register.
Furthermore, when you chose to have employees (not freelancers), you have to register as an employer.

I hope this was helpful.

Regards, Jan

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
English to Danish
Here's the application form. Dec 7, 2005

Hi there. Welcome to Denmark ;o)

You need to register your agency - you can find the application form here: http://webregforum.pro.dir.dk/log/eogs/library/start8-prod1_03-skrivbar.pdf

Things, you should be aware of:

VAT: When you work for agencies in other countries, you should not charge VAT for your work, but you need to
... See more
Hi there. Welcome to Denmark ;o)

You need to register your agency - you can find the application form here: http://webregforum.pro.dir.dk/log/eogs/library/start8-prod1_03-skrivbar.pdf

Things, you should be aware of:

VAT: When you work for agencies in other countries, you should not charge VAT for your work, but you need to put your client's VAT no on the invoice, if they have one.
If you work for agencies in Denmark, you should always charge VAT (25%).
If you work for any private individual, in Denmark or abroad, you should always charge VAT.

TRANSLATOR TITLE AND INSURANCE: If you do not have a formal translation degree, you are not allowed to call yourself a translator in Denmark. This title is protected.
You cannot get an insurance covering any damages claimed due to mistakes etc. in your translations if you do not have a formal translation degree.

TAXES: Remember that you will have to report your annual turnover for tax purposes once a year, and you will have to pay any taxes based on this once a year.

You should contact your local tax-center:

Skattecenter Odense
Lerchesgade 35
5000 Odense C

for further information.

Best of luck to you.
Collapse

Annette Bredewold
Annette Bredewold
Denmark
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hej, Dec 7, 2005

Thank you very much!!

Best regards,

Annette

Annette Bredewold
Annette Bredewold
Denmark
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 8, 2005

Thanks a lot, Jan. This was very useful.

Hilsen,

Annette

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Hej,

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »