David BUICK
David BUICK  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:42
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Mar 5, 2008

Running DVX 7.5.302 on Windows XP with Excel 2007

I successfully imported an Excel spreadsheet with text in boxes. On re-exporting to Excel 2007, the boxes displayed, but not the text.

I achieved a workaround by sending the project via pack and go to a computer running Excel 2003, where it exported successfully. This suggests the problem is specific to Excel 2007. Is this another xml thing?

[Edited at 2008-03-05 07:00]

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Probably a known issue Mar 5, 2008

Take a look at the "Your experiences with the new Build 303" thread in the Atril forum. Daniel posted something about this problem being worked on. I do not want to quote this here without permission.

David BUICK
David BUICK  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:42
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - link? Mar 5, 2008

Umm, thanks - maybe posting a simple link would be ok?

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Link Mar 5, 2008

http://forums.atril.com/ubbthreads7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1636&fpart=5

You will have to register as a forum user first if that has not happened before.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems exporting to Excel 2007 from DVX

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »