Thread poster: Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Nov 28, 2007

Hi there,

This now happened to me a couple of times and I am starting to wonder what is going on. When exporting certain Trados-presegmented docs/rtfs after translation in DVX, I find that the last two or so characters of the source segment are inserted at the end of the target segment. This cannot be seen in the DVX project (where of course I could erase it easily), but only after export when opening the file in MS Word. It does not happen with all Trados files, maybe it applies to
... See more
Hi there,

This now happened to me a couple of times and I am starting to wonder what is going on. When exporting certain Trados-presegmented docs/rtfs after translation in DVX, I find that the last two or so characters of the source segment are inserted at the end of the target segment. This cannot be seen in the DVX project (where of course I could erase it easily), but only after export when opening the file in MS Word. It does not happen with all Trados files, maybe it applies to files with heavier formatting, but I am not sure about this.

Has anybody experienced something like this as well and if so, what can be done about it except for manual correction?

TIA
Wolfgang
Collapse

Judy Schoen
Judy Schoen  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:22
English to German
which Version are you using Nov 28, 2007

this was an error in a very old version of dvx. I have not seen it for ages

kind regards
Judy Ann

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
7.5.302 Nov 28, 2007

... which to my knowledge should be the most recent one. To be honest, it happens very rarely, only with certain documents. Cannot seem to figure out a regularity in this, except for the fact that it mostly takes ages to get those files imported and exported, although the file size does not exceed 1,5 MB.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with export of Trados-presegmented rtf

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »