Propagate terminology
Thread poster: Carol Chen
Carol Chen
Carol Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:05
English to Chinese
Oct 6, 2007

Dear All, I'm using Deja Vu. I created a new project. Firstly, I translated it roughly. Then, I make polishing to it. During it, I changed translation for some words and phrases. Then I want to propagate them for the whole file. I have seen that the whole segment could be propagated by F9-->Propagate in Current File. Is there any similar method to propagate words or phrases, which are part of the segment in the current file? Thanks in advance!

Regards

Carol

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:05
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Search & Replace? Oct 7, 2007

Carol Chen wrote:

During it, I changed translation for some words and phrases. Then I want to propagate them for the whole file.

In the editing stage, filtering on the source term and do a search & replace sounds like one of the options. During translation, adding the term to your lexicon to make it available for auto-assembling is an option.

Carol Chen
Carol Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:05
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 8, 2007

Hi,Klaus

Great thanks!

Kind regards
Carol

Klaus Herrmann wrote:

Carol Chen wrote:

During it, I changed translation for some words and phrases. Then I want to propagate them for the whole file.

In the editing stage, filtering on the source term and do a search & replace sounds like one of the options. During translation, adding the term to your lexicon to make it available for auto-assembling is an option.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Propagate terminology

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »