Tables in PowerPoint
Thread poster: Piotr Sawiec
Piotr Sawiec
Piotr Sawiec  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:56
English to Polish
+ ...
Aug 17, 2007

When doing translation of a table in PowerPoint file (after importing to DVX), after exporting it it is no longer a table but a set of text fields arranged to form a table (but in appearance only, when I want to move a table I have to move every field separately). Have you ever had such experience? Or is it something to do with settings?

Piotr

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:56
English to German
+ ...
A fake table? :-)) Aug 17, 2007

I guess it is not really a table but just an array of fields, which may adjust automatically to the new size of their content?

Maybe you can set their properties in the source file to not auto-adjust?
I don't know where, but I would try it via right-clicking on each field, or selecting them all (if possible) and then right-clicking.

Harry

Piotr Sawiec
Piotr Sawiec  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:56
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nope, real tables Aug 17, 2007

unfortunately they were real tables in the original. The fact is that it still looks as a table after exporting, so I could not care
What is also strange, after importing the order in DVX did not match the order in the original tables, for example table headings were last to translate.

Piotr

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:56
English to German
+ ...
Bad luck :-( Aug 17, 2007

Piotr Sawiec wrote:
Nope, real tables

Another guess is that the PP file may have been created in a different version of PP than the one installed on your computer.

I think I would either try to copy-paste the original table to the exported file, or if this would take too much time, tell the client about this problem and hope that he won't care either..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tables in PowerPoint

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »