Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 22:33
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Jun 3, 2007

Hi everybody,

I am in the process of editing and renaming my databases. But when I open a TDB and start editing it or even when I simply move through it by using the scroll bar or the down arrow, it almost immediately crashes and the following error message appears:

Component: dvxUI, Version 7.5.302
Error number: 91
Location: Module 'frm TermBrowse', Routine 'FillAttributeList', Line Number 1553
Description: Object variable or With block variable not s
... See more
Hi everybody,

I am in the process of editing and renaming my databases. But when I open a TDB and start editing it or even when I simply move through it by using the scroll bar or the down arrow, it almost immediately crashes and the following error message appears:

Location: Module 'frm TermBrowse', Routine 'FillAttributeList', Line Number 1553
Description: Object variable or With block variable not set

Another error message I got was this:

Error number: 340
Location: Module 'frm TermBrowse', Routine 'FillAttributeList', Line Number 1733
Description: Control array element '1' doesn't exist

This problem occurs with ALL my TDBs, but not with my TMs. At first I thought it was caused by the fact that I recently upgraded from DVX Professional to DVX Workgroup and that I updated DVX to the latest build. Therefore, I uninstalled DVX, restarted the computer and installed DVX again. However, the problem persists, even after I repair the TDBs. Any ideas what may cause the problem?

Many thanks in advance!

Olaf
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 05:33
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
OOh, error #91 Jun 3, 2007

Description: Object variable or With block variable not set

In old times this error was called "null pointer"; now it's #91: it is the same thing - it means the instance of some object does not exist (any more, or has not been created as expected etc and so on). There's other possibilities, like syntax errors, but this is pretty much improbable.

Solution? I'd reinstall the software. And/or check if my OS version is the way the software expects it to be.

Maybe FileAttributeList tries to create some window object, asking for services from a system dll, that's outdated / or younger than expected, in any case missing the services the program is asking for.

Regards

Vito

[Edited at 2007-06-03 10:14]

David Turner
David Turner  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:33
French to English
+ ...
Send TDB to Atril? Jun 5, 2007

I haven't been able to reproduce that bug Olaf. I would send one of your TDBs to Atril support to see whether they can reproduce and/or fix the problem for you.
http://support.atril.com/

Several users (including myself) have reported a global search & replace bug which makes DVX crash when editing MDBs (but not, to my knowledge, TDBs). This is being fixed.

You say you are "renami
... See more
I haven't been able to reproduce that bug Olaf. I would send one of your TDBs to Atril support to see whether they can reproduce and/or fix the problem for you.
http://support.atril.com/

Several users (including myself) have reported a global search & replace bug which makes DVX crash when editing MDBs (but not, to my knowledge, TDBs). This is being fixed.

You say you are "renaming" your databases. I wonder whether that could that have any bearing on the matter?

Anyway, I've posted a link to your message on the yahoo dejavu-l to see whether anyone else has had this problem, or better still, has a solution.

Regards,
David Turner
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TDBs crash when I try to edit them

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »