Thread poster: Piotr Sawiec
Piotr Sawiec
Piotr Sawiec  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:33
English to Polish
+ ...
May 27, 2007

Hi

I am trying DVX trial version before actually buying it, and have problems with adding terminology. After selecting terms and pressing F11 a window opens for adding terminology, but I cannot select languages, because lists are blank. Therefore after "adding" these terms I cannot look them up. The project is supposedly configured right. Do you have any clues?

Piotr

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:33
English to German
+ ...
Maybe try a new project setup? May 27, 2007

Hi Piotr,

I have no idea what caused this error, but I guess the project is not configured correctly.
Since configuration errors are difficult to find, I would try to set up a new project with a new TM and a new TDB, making sure that all of the languages are selected correctly - and wonder whether the error will still occur..

Harry

Piotr Sawiec
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
still nothing May 27, 2007

I did as you suggested and it went through the same steps as in Help, and still there are no languages to select from when adding a term.

Piotr

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:33
English to German
+ ...
... May 27, 2007

Piotr Sawiec wrote:
...and still there are no languages to select from when adding a term.

That's strange.

Can you add any selected terms to the Lexicon (using F10), at least?
This would be a workaround, although it would certainly not be satisfying when considering to buy the software.

You will have to find someone who knows this kind of error, maybe at the DVX Yahoo Group: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l

And you can always try: [email protected]

Harry

Piotr Sawiec
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I haven't yet used Lexicon May 27, 2007

this is something I have to learn. Anyway I will contact support. Maybe the trial version has some bugs? What also happened, when I tried to do spellchecking and added a dictionary (which meant unchecking the Office spellchecker), the spellchecker asked me about all correct words, even after I checked the Office spellchecker again. I will have to spend a bit more time to get through all the options.

Thanks

Piotr

David Turner
David Turner  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Bug in 297 May 27, 2007

This is a bug in build 297 which occurs with a new, empty termbase. If you open the termbase itself and add the first term, the languages are restored and you can add further terms from within the project itself by pressing F11.
This is corrected in build 302 which is still being beta tested but is very stable. It should be released any day now. If you want to try it, you can download it her
... See more
This is a bug in build 297 which occurs with a new, empty termbase. If you open the termbase itself and add the first term, the languages are restored and you can add further terms from within the project itself by pressing F11.
This is corrected in build 302 which is still being beta tested but is very stable. It should be released any day now. If you want to try it, you can download it here:
http://www.atril.com/dvx/builds/302/Setup.zip

Regards,
David Turner
Collapse

Piotr Sawiec
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked Jul 7, 2007

Thank you David, it did the trick

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

adding terminology

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »