Semantix AB (X)
Semantix AB (X)
Sweden
Local time: 01:30
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 27, 2007

Hi all,

I've prepared files with the Trados tag style tw4WinExternal, to protect non-translatable content in Word.

Now I'm supposed to hand this over to another translator, but it turns out he's running DejaVu, not Trados.

Is there any way for DejaVu to parse/understand the external tagging? Does he need to make some conversion trick?

Or is there any equivalent tagging function that DejaVu uses instead? In worst case, I can then ask the transla
... See more
Hi all,

I've prepared files with the Trados tag style tw4WinExternal, to protect non-translatable content in Word.

Now I'm supposed to hand this over to another translator, but it turns out he's running DejaVu, not Trados.

Is there any way for DejaVu to parse/understand the external tagging? Does he need to make some conversion trick?

Or is there any equivalent tagging function that DejaVu uses instead? In worst case, I can then ask the translator to prepare the files from scratch again...

Thanks a lot for your input!

Jan
Collapse

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:30
English to German
+ ...
tw4WinExternal = hidden text? Apr 27, 2007

Hi Jan,

I am not sure about tw4WinExternal, but when you import an unsegmented .doc file in DVX, you can activate the check box "ignore hidden text".

HTH
Harry

Klas Törnquist
Klas Törnquist
English to Swedish
+ ...
Presegment in Trados May 8, 2007

Presegment the file in Trados.
Translate (with the option Segment unknown sentences selected)

Then your colleague will be able to process the file in DejaVu.
tw4WinExternal will be hidden.

Klas

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Thanks! May 8, 2007

Thanks a lot, both of you!

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

tw4WinExternal with DejaVu?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »