Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 08:29
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Apr 23, 2007

Dear all,

For those who haven’t seen it yet, there are now two different group buys for DVX:

For DVX Standard (http://www.proz.com/tgb/76)

For DVX Professional and Workgroup (http://www.proz.com/tgb/74)

This is a great opportunity to either acquire a new licence, or
... See more
Dear all,

For those who haven’t seen it yet, there are now two different group buys for DVX:

For DVX Standard (http://www.proz.com/tgb/76)

For DVX Professional and Workgroup (http://www.proz.com/tgb/74)

This is a great opportunity to either acquire a new licence, or to upgrade to a higher version.

Kind regards,

Olaf
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:29
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

No Workgroup offer visible? Apr 23, 2007

Hi Olaf,

I just checked the group buy page and don't see any price for the Workgroup version. ???

Yolanda

PS - these prices look a lot more like what I paid for mine! But worth every penny. I was lucky, of course: I started off with one big, initial job, so I not only made back the price, plus a tidy sum for myself, but I also got a good start on term and memory databases that have been making my life easier and my work more accurate ever since. Especi
... See more
Hi Olaf,

I just checked the group buy page and don't see any price for the Workgroup version. ???

Yolanda

PS - these prices look a lot more like what I paid for mine! But worth every penny. I was lucky, of course: I started off with one big, initial job, so I not only made back the price, plus a tidy sum for myself, but I also got a good start on term and memory databases that have been making my life easier and my work more accurate ever since. Especially the more accurate part!
Collapse

Olaf Reibedanz
Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 08:29
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workgroup version + dollar prices Apr 23, 2007

Hi Yolanda,

As far as I understand, there will be the same 20% discount for the Workgroup version as for Standard and Professional. Atril's official price of the Workgroup is 2250 EUR, so I suppose the discount rate would be around 1800 EUR (which corresponds to 2450 USD at the current exchange rate). I think the ProZ people wanted to keep it simple, that's why they didn't specify a price for the Workgroup yet.

When did you buy your licence? If you bought it 4-5 years
... See more
Hi Yolanda,

As far as I understand, there will be the same 20% discount for the Workgroup version as for Standard and Professional. Atril's official price of the Workgroup is 2250 EUR, so I suppose the discount rate would be around 1800 EUR (which corresponds to 2450 USD at the current exchange rate). I think the ProZ people wanted to keep it simple, that's why they didn't specify a price for the Workgroup yet.

When did you buy your licence? If you bought it 4-5 years ago, you probably paid much less because at that time the dollar was much stronger than now. Lucky you!

Best,

Olaf

[Edited at 2007-04-23 15:49]
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:29
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

DV price in dollars was, indeed, lower Apr 23, 2007

But I bought DV3, back when it was in version 20-something, so the dollar was definitely stronger at the time. But I still paid a pretty penny.

Also, I got to do that whole first job using the free, 30-day full-function demo version. I wonder how/whether that offer to try the software for free for 30 days would work with this group buy.

Judy Schoen
Judy Schoen  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:29
English to German
30 days demo Apr 23, 2007

The 30-days demo (full Version) is an option that is always offered.
This is independent of any special arrangements.

Kind regards
Judy Ann

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Update on DVX group purchase!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »