Thread poster: Anna Blackab (X)
Anna Blackab (X)
Anna Blackab (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:00
German to English
+ ...
Feb 28, 2007

Hi everyone!

I've just finished a translation from German using Deja Vous and now I'd like to spellcheck it in English. When I click the function in Word, it says immediately 'spell check completed" and doesn't highlight any spelling errors when I know for certain there are words it hasn't picked up.

I'm assuming this is something to do with the fact that Word has identified the document as non-English, and is not using the English dictionary. How can I tell it to tre
... See more
Hi everyone!

I've just finished a translation from German using Deja Vous and now I'd like to spellcheck it in English. When I click the function in Word, it says immediately 'spell check completed" and doesn't highlight any spelling errors when I know for certain there are words it hasn't picked up.

I'm assuming this is something to do with the fact that Word has identified the document as non-English, and is not using the English dictionary. How can I tell it to treat it as English?

Anna
Collapse

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:00
German to Croatian
+ ...
Procedure Feb 28, 2007

In DVX, under Tools/Options form the toolbar first set your spellchecking options (the langugae and "Use MS Office Spell Checker").

Then place your mouse in the first row of the right column in DVX window with the translated text and click on the ABC icon in the DVX toolbar.

The spellcheck will be performed in DVX, although in the background you can see that Word is running along as well.

Hope it helps...
See more
In DVX, under Tools/Options form the toolbar first set your spellchecking options (the langugae and "Use MS Office Spell Checker").

Then place your mouse in the first row of the right column in DVX window with the translated text and click on the ABC icon in the DVX toolbar.

The spellcheck will be performed in DVX, although in the background you can see that Word is running along as well.

Hope it helps

Vesna
Collapse

Marie-Céline GEORG
Marie-Céline GEORG  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:00
German to French
+ ...
spellcheck in word after exporting Feb 28, 2007

Hello,

I assume that you have exported your translation from DejaVu and want to spellcheck the final Word file.

In Word, select the whole text (Ctrl+A). In the status bar at the bottom of the screen, the language of the text should be displayed. If it says German instead of English, double-click the language and select the correct one in the Language dialog box. Verify that the "Do not check spelling or grammar" box is NOT checked or grayed. It must be blank or Word wil
... See more
Hello,

I assume that you have exported your translation from DejaVu and want to spellcheck the final Word file.

In Word, select the whole text (Ctrl+A). In the status bar at the bottom of the screen, the language of the text should be displayed. If it says German instead of English, double-click the language and select the correct one in the Language dialog box. Verify that the "Do not check spelling or grammar" box is NOT checked or grayed. It must be blank or Word will ignore any text in this language.

You may also have to check if the spellchecking options are correct: Tools > Options > Spellchecking (or similar, I don't have the English version).

HTH
Marie-Céline
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spellchecking in target language

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »