David BUICK
David BUICK  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:58
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Jul 17, 2006

I am using DVX 7.0.284 .

I have been asked to deal with a file in an XML editor called XMLmind XML Editor Standard Edition 3.2.0. This is my crash introduction to XML. The client claims Trados can handle the files, but I'm struggling with DVX, which refuses to import the files.

I could extract the text using another application and use the resulting *.txt file in DVX, but tipping it back into the XML editor is looking like a line-by-line cut and paste right now.
<
... See more
I am using DVX 7.0.284 .

I have been asked to deal with a file in an XML editor called XMLmind XML Editor Standard Edition 3.2.0. This is my crash introduction to XML. The client claims Trados can handle the files, but I'm struggling with DVX, which refuses to import the files.

I could extract the text using another application and use the resulting *.txt file in DVX, but tipping it back into the XML editor is looking like a line-by-line cut and paste right now.

Does anyone have any clues, hints, or tips?

Thanks.
Collapse

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
Try creating the specific filter first Jul 17, 2006

I had a similar problem when I first had to deal with xml format in DVX, so please check here:

http://www.proz.com/topic/28883

David BUICK
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 17, 2006

Thanks Vesna. I searched and searched for this topic before posting, and of course saw yours immediately afterwards! I'll let you all know what happens.

David BUICK
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Advice most helpful Jul 17, 2006

Thanks - it's imported, and most importantly, exported successfully . Of course it has to be in the original folder to display all images correctly.

I must say it took a lot of poking around the DVX help to find my way through creating a filter.

In my case, the appropriate DTD file was not supplied in an obvious place with the XML, so I opened the XML file in IEX and viewed the source code. Near the start
... See more
Thanks - it's imported, and most importantly, exported successfully . Of course it has to be in the original folder to display all images correctly.

I must say it took a lot of poking around the DVX help to find my way through creating a filter.

In my case, the appropriate DTD file was not supplied in an obvious place with the XML, so I opened the XML file in IEX and viewed the source code. Near the start is a "DOCTYPE" line which gave the name of the DTD document, which I then searched for on my PC using the windows search function and ticking all the boxes to search everywhere.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Processing XML files with DVX

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »