PageMaker and DéjàVu
Thread poster: Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:12
German to Croatian
+ ...
Jul 8, 2006

I would like to know if it is possible to translate PageMaker files in DéjàVu without having PageMaker itself installed on one's computer?

I have read in the manual that it is possible, but would like to have it confirmed by the practitioners.

TIA

Vesna

[Edited at 2006-07-08 14:07]

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Need to export it first Jul 10, 2006

I don't think any CAT tool will work with native PageMaker files (even if you have PageMaker).

To put your PM file through DVX, you will need to export it to a tabbed text format using a third party tool. I believe the Trados Story Collector is the main (or perhaps only) tool used for this. But I don't think it will work if you haven't got PageMaker.

For more information,
... See more
I don't think any CAT tool will work with native PageMaker files (even if you have PageMaker).

To put your PM file through DVX, you will need to export it to a tabbed text format using a third party tool. I believe the Trados Story Collector is the main (or perhaps only) tool used for this. But I don't think it will work if you haven't got PageMaker.

For more information, check the website
http://necco.ca/dv/pm_fm_quark.htm#pm_tagged_text
(which is good for many practical questions associated with DVX).
Collapse

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 30, 2006

Thank you Victor!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PageMaker and DéjàVu

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »