Removing bogus codes: my method
Thread poster: Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Local time: 06:29
French to English
+ ...
Apr 6, 2006

The best method I have found to remove bogus codes is to do a select all and copy of the document, and an ordinary paste (ie, maintaining all formatting) into a new document. In theory, it shouldn't make any difference, since this type of paste should retain everything, but for some reason, the bogus code disappears.

I seem to be the only one who's figured this out, since I have not found this method anywhere online.

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:29
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Copy & paste has been a good trick for me, too Apr 7, 2006

I've been doing the copy and paste trick to remove bogus code from Word docs for several years - learned it from the DéjàVu Yahoo list. It's usually effective, particularly when one is dealing with OCR'd material, which, for some reason, tends to insert other fonts in the spaces between words.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Removing bogus codes: my method

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »