Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:27
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 19, 2006

Hello,
I am using Deja Vu X Pro Version 7.0.215.
I have a problem translating a Power Point file. On the Notes View of each slide there is a Word field inserted. When importing the file into DVX I ticked "Process Master" and "Process Notes" options of the PPT filter, but no content of the Word inserted fields appears in the Project.
Is there a way to overcome this problem? Any additional setting?
Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
... See more
Hello,
I am using Deja Vu X Pro Version 7.0.215.
I have a problem translating a Power Point file. On the Notes View of each slide there is a Word field inserted. When importing the file into DVX I ticked "Process Master" and "Process Notes" options of the PPT filter, but no content of the Word inserted fields appears in the Project.
Is there a way to overcome this problem? Any additional setting?
Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Stake

P.S.
Those "Word fields" I refer to are actually objects, embedded objects, I bieleve. When I double click them, they can be eddited inside the Notes View of the slides.

[Edited at 2006-02-19 21:04]
Collapse

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:27
English to German
+ ...
The problem seems to be the embedded objects Feb 21, 2006

I just had this problem with a PPT file with embedded objects in the slides, not even in the Notes.
I simply translated those parts manually in PPT, and to find the correct word count the PPT file had to be printed as a PDF file.

(Fortunately, the agency did this for me, because my PDF converter always got stuck when I tried to print this file as PDF, and when I tried to save it as HTML, PPT got stuck, too.)

Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:27
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
manually... I was afraid so Feb 23, 2006

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately perfect CAT's do not exist. Before going on with manual translation I will try to do something else (it's just come to my mind). I will copy all the text from the embedded fields and paste into Word, translate it using DVX and than copy it back into the embedded fields. We'll see if it works.
I hope it works as in my case the majority of the text to be translated is within those fileds and slides are just for graphical representation of a problem.
... See more
Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately perfect CAT's do not exist. Before going on with manual translation I will try to do something else (it's just come to my mind). I will copy all the text from the embedded fields and paste into Word, translate it using DVX and than copy it back into the embedded fields. We'll see if it works.
I hope it works as in my case the majority of the text to be translated is within those fileds and slides are just for graphical representation of a problem.

Regards,
Stake
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PPT files with inserted Word fields on Notes View

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »