Thread poster: Lisa Melvin
Lisa Melvin
Lisa Melvin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:04
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 11, 2006

I believe I have made an error in the analysis of fuzzy, exact and empty words.
I saved the word count (after I translated 1st doc and pre-translated 2nd doc). Then I pressed calculate button and saved results in an Excel spreadsheet format. Hoever, I have 0 "empty" words for TT. Can anybody please explain where I have made an error? Thank you.

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:04
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

I'm not sure I understand the problem Feb 12, 2006

First, what is TT?

And why were you saving to an Excel spreadsheet?

When I look at the "save" options for the word count window, I can save in a two specified formats, txt and csv, or in "all files." As for the '0 "empty" words' problems, why would there be "empty" words in a couple of translated/pre-translated documents? I just checked a word count for a finished project of mine, and I definitely have 0 empty words.

Lisa Melvin
Lisa Melvin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:04
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Analysis of word count in Deja Vous X Feb 12, 2006

Yolanda Broad wrote:

First, what is TT?

And why were you saving to an Excel spreadsheet?

When I look at the "save" options for the word count window, I can save in a two specified formats, txt and csv, or in "all files." As for the '0 "empty" words' problems, why would there be "empty" words in a couple of translated/pre-translated documents? I just checked a word count for a finished project of mine, and I definitely have 0 empty words.

Thanks for your response. I am doing this as part of a college assignment and have limited experience of TM.

TT = target text. I translated the first text, pre-translated the second, did word count and saved it (CSV). It is the analysis for the invoice that was confusing me, since I wasn't sure whether I had to use the English (source text) column of exact/fuzzy/empty words or the French (target text) column which was showing up 0 "empty" words. From your response, I gather I do not have to worry about 0 empty words in target text.

Regards

Lisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Word Count in Deja Vous X

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »