Thread poster: Tracy Byrne
Tracy Byrne
Tracy Byrne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:40
German to English
+ ...
Sep 26, 2005

Sorry if this has already been answered but I can't find a reference to it. I want to buy DejaVu but both my USB ports are already being used. The website recommends USB over parallel ports. Does anyone know why or if there is any possible problem with connecting the dongle to the parallel port? Thanks.

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:40
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Install a USB Hub Sep 26, 2005

Dear Tracy,

the USB hardware keys (a.k.a. dongles) are much preferable to the parallel port solution as they are much easier to insert, smaller to carry around, if necessary, and probably the parallel dongles are on their way to disappear.

If you want to expand your PC's USB ports you can purchase a fairly inexpensive USB Hub, there are many models (I have a 7 ports model) and it will be also useful for the ever increasing number of USB devices.

They lo
... See more
Dear Tracy,

the USB hardware keys (a.k.a. dongles) are much preferable to the parallel port solution as they are much easier to insert, smaller to carry around, if necessary, and probably the parallel dongles are on their way to disappear.

If you want to expand your PC's USB ports you can purchase a fairly inexpensive USB Hub, there are many models (I have a 7 ports model) and it will be also useful for the ever increasing number of USB devices.

They look like this: http://images.google.com/images?q=USB%20Hub&hl=en

bye
Gianfranco

[Modificato alle 2005-09-26 15:31]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dongles in parallel ports

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »