heikeb  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 14:58
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Aug 7, 2005

Hi everyone!

One of my clients would prefer me to work in DVX and said I could download a free version of DVX Editor.

However, when I try to go the www.atril.com, I get a "page cannot be displayed" message.

Does anyone know where else I could get the Editor version? I tried a few links from other pages, but they all link back to atril.com.

TIA!

Hirundo
Hirundo
Local time: 22:58
English to Dutch
+ ...
website is ok --- download 30-day evaluation version Aug 8, 2005

Heike,

However, when I try to go the www.atril.com, I get a "page cannot be displayed" message.

I just tried and the site (www.atril.com) works well. The 30-day evaluation version will automatically become Editor version if you don't register it within 30 days. See the feature comparison chart on the Atril site for a comparison of Editor, Standard, Professional and Workgroup versions.

Asei

heikeb
Ireland
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 8, 2005

Asei wrote:

The 30-day evaluation version will automatically become Editor version if you don't register it within 30 days.
Asei

Thanks! That was the missing piece of information!

heikeb
Ireland
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Aug 8, 2005

In case anyone else would be interested in this information:

When starting the evaluation version, you'll get a dialog box to request an evaluation key. Afer entering the information, an e-mail message pops up. Add to this e-mail the information that you would like a key for the Editor version.

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:58
German to English
+ ...
Why not evaluate DVX Professional? Aug 9, 2005

Heike Behl, Ph.D. wrote:

In case anyone else would be interested in this information:

When starting the evaluation version, you'll get a dialog box to request an evaluation key. Afer entering the information, an e-mail message pops up. Add to this e-mail the information that you would like a key for the Editor version.

Hi Heike,

While it is free (i.e. in the 30 days evaluation period), it may be worth trying the Professional version (Editor and Standard do not include the features that make DVX so valuable).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX Editor

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »