https://www.proz.com/forum/d%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu_support/338396-x3_filter_settings_won%C2%B4t_be_taken_over.html&phpv_redirected=1

X3: Filter settings won´t be taken over
Thread poster: Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:41
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Oct 31, 2019

Whenever I change s.t. in the filter settings (under "Options" >> "Filters"), the settings won´t be applied the next time I import files via the DV project explorer.
I wondered, where those settings will be stored, and I found two places in my file system:
C:\ProgramData\Atril\Deja Vu X3\Filters (as set in "options"), and
C:\ProgramData\Atril\Déjà Vu X3\Filters (with "Deja Vu" written with the French accent marks)

Both folders contain just a handful of setting
... See more
Whenever I change s.t. in the filter settings (under "Options" >> "Filters"), the settings won´t be applied the next time I import files via the DV project explorer.
I wondered, where those settings will be stored, and I found two places in my file system:
C:\ProgramData\Atril\Déjà Vu X3\Filters (with "Deja Vu" written with the French accent marks)

Both folders contain just a handful of setting files and I ask myself (and you), where else the settings will be stored and retrieved from, and what can I do to make the filters work, without setting them again and again with every new file? Thanks in advance and best regards,

Matthias
Collapse

mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 16:41
English to Russian
+ ...
Windows Registry Oct 31, 2019

Matthias Brombach wrote:

Both folders contain just a handful of setting files and I ask myself (and you), where else the settings will be stored and retrieved from, and what can I do to make the filters work, without setting them again and again with every new file? Thanks in advance and best regards,

Matthias

Look into Windows Registry

Caroline Bajwel
Caroline Bajwel  Identity Verified
France
Member (2009)
English to French
DVX3 Filter settings Oct 31, 2019

Hi Matthias,
Did you follow this procedure: https://atrilsolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205390082-How-to-edit-default-filter-options

Looking at my PC, I only have one folder for settings:

Did you che
... See more
Hi Matthias,
Did you follow this procedure: https://atrilsolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205390082-How-to-edit-default-filter-options

Did you check the filter dates in your different folders? Maybe DVX is using the wrong folder. If so you could try to copy the most recent ones in the other folder and see if it works.

Caroline
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great idea Oct 31, 2019

mikhailo wrote:

Look into Windows Registry

For every filter setting I will now each time look up "Windows Registry". Thanks.

Perhaps anybody may have an easier solution or suggests, what could be wrong in my DV configuration?

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Identical Oct 31, 2019

Caroline Bajwel wrote:

Hi Matthias,

Did you check the filter dates in your different folders? Maybe DVX is using the wrong folder. If so you could try to copy the most recent ones in the other folder and see if it works.

Caroline

Hi Caroline,

Thank you for your suggestion and the link. Both folders are identical, even the date stamps are and the size of the files inside. Whenever I erase one of the two folders, DV X3 won´t start then, and I have to reinstall the folder from the Recycle Bin in W10. But I will see, whether your link provides a solution I still don´t know. So far it seems to provide infos I already know, but perhaps I am wrong. Thanks again!

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Re Oct 31, 2019

Hi Matthias,

I use build 788 (latest build) and filter settings are stored at C:\ProgramData\Atril\Déjà Vu X3\Filters

This is not the official recommendation but I would first fix the path shown in options and then open the Settings file located in C:\ProgramData\ATRIL\Déjà Vu X3 with MS Access, open the Filters table and make changes in the SubFilter column.

Do you use Project Templates? Path for filters are stored in the Project Templates as well.

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@ Selcuk Nov 1, 2019

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

build 788 (latest build)
filter settings are stored at C:\ProgramData\Atril\Déjà Vu X3\Filters

This is not the official recommendation but I would first fix the path shown in options and then open the Settings file located in C:\ProgramData\ATRIL\Déjà Vu X3 with MS Access, open the Filters table and make changes in the SubFilter column.

Do you use Project Templates? Path for filters are stored in the Project Templates as well.

Thank you for your reply:
Yes, I use the same build and the same path(s), accompanied by another path of nearly the same spelling, but "Déjà Vu" written without French accents (please see my first post). DV needs both paths (and their content), either it would not start or it would have lost the templates. The path with the French accents contains my templates and a handfull of filters (eight filters). The same applies to the path without French accents. I suppose, these are the standard filters: IDML, InDesign, Infix, mil-t, Office2007 (although I use Office 2016), OpenDocument, OpenOffice and VisioXML.
To open and change settings in settings.dvset is a task a bit too risky for me and would need more time (and experience), which I currently not have. Perhaps I better would have to reinstall X3 again?
One more question: Does your folder for filters contain more than the above named standard filters (= all filters, you ever have changed and set)? Or are they set in the mentioned settings.dvset file?

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
repair should work Nov 3, 2019

Hi Matthias,

I would repair the installation first, but first copy any custom filters. I have 7 filters in the folder, mil-t filter is missing. I use another folder to store custom filters and locate them when importing a new file.

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Will try it ... Nov 4, 2019

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Hi Matthias,

I would repair the installation first, but first copy any custom filters. I have 7 filters in the folder, mil-t filter is missing. I use another folder to store custom filters and locate them when importing a new file.

... and post it here, should I succeed (still too busy to try it out right now). Thanks again, Selcuk!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

X3: Filter settings won´t be taken over

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »