not consistent behaviour of DVX3 when segmenting sdlxliff on tabs
Thread poster: mikhailo

mikhailo
Local time: 01:10
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 14, 2017

In settings the rule «to segment on tabs» was added.

When importing untranslated sdlxliff — DVX3 segments xliff segments on tabs
When importing TRANSLATED sdlxliff — DVX3 doesn't segment xliff segments on tabs

To add.
33. Ignore «locked» segments in find duplicate dialog.
34. Pseudojoin of non-joined segment - copy all sources to the 1-st segs and lock all other so that they can't be filtered as empty - similar to TS17 join.

More
... See more
In settings the rule «to segment on tabs» was added.

When importing untranslated sdlxliff — DVX3 segments xliff segments on tabs
When importing TRANSLATED sdlxliff — DVX3 doesn't segment xliff segments on tabs

To add.
33. Ignore «locked» segments in find duplicate dialog.
34. Pseudojoin of non-joined segment - copy all sources to the 1-st segs and lock all other so that they can't be filtered as empty - similar to TS17 join.

More than month from previous message in DV forum.........

About half year from first mention about new version...... and no evidence of it.

Deja Vu, où es-tu?
Collapse


 

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 00:10
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Poof! Jul 14, 2017

Perhaps they’re trying to achieve ‘epic vaporware’ status.

At this point, I don’t think they’ll release anything at all, or anything noteworthy at least. I would really like to be proved wrong, though.


 

Wojciech_
Poland
Local time: 23:10
English to Polish
+ ...
Hope must live Jul 19, 2017

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

Perhaps they’re trying to achieve ‘epic vaporware’ status.

At this point, I don’t think they’ll release anything at all, or anything noteworthy at least. I would really like to be proved wrong, though.


AFAIK, beta testers got some info lately, so the new version is hopefully coming, and the new website will be there soon, too.


 

mikhailo
Local time: 01:10
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re Jul 28, 2017

Wojciech_ wrote:

AFAIK, beta testers got some info lately, so the new version is hopefully coming, and the new website will be there soon, too.


If You are so good informed, may be You know is there manual for new version where new functions are described?

Meantime july is coming to the end.


 

Wojciech_
Poland
Local time: 23:10
English to Polish
+ ...
Well.. Aug 8, 2017

mikhailo wrote:

Wojciech_ wrote:

AFAIK, beta testers got some info lately, so the new version is hopefully coming, and the new website will be there soon, too.


If You are so good informed, may be You know is there manual for new version where new functions are described?

Meantime july is coming to the end.



I'm not a beta tester, but you can try to apply to be one and join their forum. I bet you will find there a lot of useful info about the new version.

BTW, why would there be a manual for a version that is still being developed?


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

not consistent behaviour of DVX3 when segmenting sdlxliff on tabs

Advanced search






Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search