Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 21:14
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 5, 2005

Having sent me a job, a regular client asked me to exclude from my final wordcound the words which are not changed in my translation. The text contains a table with many cells which are simply numbers, that's why the request.

Is there a simple way with DVX to calculate the number of `translated' words/segments which have not really changed after the translation? I mean can I calculate the number of words/segments when I simply pressed F5 to fill them....
See more
Having sent me a job, a regular client asked me to exclude from my final wordcound the words which are not changed in my translation. The text contains a table with many cells which are simply numbers, that's why the request.

Is there a simple way with DVX to calculate the number of `translated' words/segments which have not really changed after the translation? I mean can I calculate the number of words/segments when I simply pressed F5 to fill them. Thank you in advance.

[Edited at 2005-04-05 15:33]
Collapse

Klas Törnquist
Klas Törnquist
Local time: 20:14
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mark the segments... Apr 6, 2005

Kirill Semenov wrote:

Is there a simple way with DVX to calculate the number of `translated' words/segments which have not really changed after the translation? I mean can I calculate the number of words/segments when I simply pressed F5 to fill them. Thank you in advance.

[Edited at 2005-04-05 15:33]

You could do as follows:
Sort in alphabetical order. The segments containing only numbers will be next to each other. Select all the "number" segments and hit F5. With those segments still selected, mark the segments as e.g. Pending. Then you will be able to get a wordcount for only those segments.

Klas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX: A simple way to count words in the segments which left as they were

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »